Halloween 2022’s event unfortunately brings in one of my least favorite things: Zombies.
So, for anyone else who is suffering through the event, I decided to make a quick guide. This is a “scenario” event– essentially you build up supplies in a memory game and then use those to unlock scenarios with one of the main 5 Love Life LIs (sorry for Eric fans) in an event that feels especially weird with certain characters still being excluded.
It’s about 320AP to just buy enough Survival Kits depending on how many you made. It then costs an additional 50AP to continue to the next day, retry your answer, or start another scenario.
You get the Scavenger Outfit from earning Survival Kits. Finishing the Scenarios with the Love Interests gets the respective Illustration (there’s 5– one for each of the “main” LL LIs) and Infected Outfit.
After some introduction to the VR experience, and learning what you need to do, you’ll get the memory minigame and the option to just buy Kits which is what I’ll be doing because I want this event over as quickly as possible. While making the Survival Kits, keep in mind that some items look differently when placed in the kit than they do on the side such as the Telescope and Pocket Knife.
The Scenarios each kick off after finishing your VR Experience and talking about how you did. You then continue talking about what you think you would do with your LI if there was an actual Zombie Apocalypse with the illustration featuring the scenario you imagine.
Nathaniel: I promise to save us… and beat my record!
• Isn’t your head starting to feel a bit tight in that headset? If there was a real invasion, you wouldn’t be so sure of yourself.
• Hey, I did pretty well, I’ll have you know!
• You still took some unnecessary risks… <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• I think I’d do anything to get away without hurting the zombie involved. That would be too painful.
• I think I’d rather let myself be bitten than have to attack someone I know, even if they are zombified.
• But in cases like that, what choice do you have but to defend yourself? It’s not really the person you once knew. <-- CORRECT CHOICE
Nathaniel: In these cases, the key is to stick to the plan…
• You’d have to go to the police station to arm yourself, right?
• I think we should barricade ourselves in the Cosy Bear. There’d be food! <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• I think my priority would be to get together with our friends. We’d be stronger together.
• This should be factored into our strategy. <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• But I’m sure that with a little practice I could overtake you!
• But I’ll defend the fort while you try to find a method of transportation.
Castiel: It was like being in the Matrix! Roll and bam! A magazine in the head! Infinite style points…
• Do you really think that your rolls would save us in case of a real zombie invasion? <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• Personally, what I find stylish is that I managed to survive.
• Sure, but that’s easy when you spend your life dancing on stage!
• As far as I’m concerned, I think that I’d defend myself no matter what the consequences. <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• I don’t think I could hurt them, even in that form.
• Personally, I think I’d try to run away so I wouldn’t have to choose.
• We could go home and barricade ourselves inside! <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• We could flee the city as fast as possible to increase our chances of survival!
• We could run to find Nath at the police station. There are weapons, there!
Castiel: I think the only question that remains is which one of us would go first?
• You. Definitely you. Do you want to talk about our respective VR game scores again? <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• I’m afraid it’d be me. The more talented of us has to try to escape at some point.
• We’d go together, of course, like a real couple.
Priya: Can you imagine if there was a real zombie apocalypse? I’d be a dead weight for us, love.
• I don’t think so. In fact, I’m sure that if it were to happen for real, you’d be the one to save us. <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• No way! You weren’t totally into it, it happens. Want to play again?
• Don’t worry, if it happens, I’ll be there to save you again, I promise!
Priya: For me, the real question is: “what do you do if you run into someone you love who has become a zombie?
• I don’t think I’d be able to do anything. I’ rather let myself be bitten than have to “do the necessary”.
• I think I would try to flee at all costs so I wouldn’t have to kill anyone close to me, even if they were zombified. <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• I’m afraid you have no choice but to defend yourself at all costs, even if it means…
• I think we should barricade ourselves in the Cosy Bear, there’s food… and kitchen knives.
• In my opinion, the first thing to do would be to put as much distance as possible between Amoris and ourselves. <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• I think our first priority would be to find other survivors and regroup to be stronger together.
• But aren’t you afraid that the horse would panic in the midst of all the excitement?
• But… do you know how to ride a horse? Because I don’t. <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• But where would we find horses?
Rayan: When it raises so many questions. In fact, we aren’t very far off from the Cartesian theory of the res cogitans…
• Don’t try to change the topic of conversation! I wonder what Descartes would have said about your performance compared to mine…
• Descartes spoke of a virtual universe like The Matrix, right? This is something totally different. With haptic suits, the sensations are real.
• I promise that if there’s a real zombie invasion, I’d protect that beautiful brain as best I can! <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• Honestly, I’d be so petrified by the thought of shooting one of my best friends that I’d probably end up getting infected… <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• But it’s obvious to me that I’d try to escape.
• But if recovery is only a hypothesis, for me it’s clear: you have to defend yourself while you are still among the healthy.
Rayan: From everything I’ve seen and read, the first few hours are crucial if you want to be one of the heroes of the story and not a zombie.
• I think top priority would be to get together with non-infected people, right?
• I guess it’s best to flee the cities as quickly as possible to reduce the risk of being bitten. <-- CORRECT CHOICE • Personally, I'd run home and barricade myself in with you. Rayan: And on the way, we’d probably come across a few groups of infected people…
• I, for one, would rather die by your side than live without you!
• Don’t worry! I told you, I’d protect you!
• There are different ways to fight zombies. A highly functional brain can be more important than big muscles! <-- CORRECT CHOICE
Hyun: I’d understand if you abandoned me to save yourself. I’m afraid I’d be a real drag.
• No way! I’d rather die with you than survive alone! <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• No way! I’m sure that no one would be able to season the last of the canned goods as well as you!
• If you’re really worried about the possibility of a zombie invasion, we can play again to practice…
• The most urgent thing would be to get together with our loved ones to survive together, right? We’d be stronger together.
• I think our top priority would be to get out of town, don’t you think?
• In my opinion, the most important thing would be to find shelter. <-- CORRECT CHOICE
Hyun: What do you think the best place would be to make our nest to face the invasion?
• I don’t know… Why not the Cosy Bear? There are supplies, a first aid kit… <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• The police station, maybe? There are weapons there, we could defend ourselves.
• We’d have to go to Rosa’s place, now that I think about it. It’s out of the way and we could fish to survive.
Hyun: I have to admit that my chances of survival wouldn’t be great in the middle of a wave of zombies.
• You could cook good meals that we would trade in exchange for services from more experienced adventurers.
• I’m sure that if it were a matter of protecting me from a real invasion, you’d reveal your hidden qualities. <-- CORRECT CHOICE
• But I’d defend you!